Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Deal Breakers!

So I've been sick/really busy and haven't posted over the last couple days, over which I've been thinking about the importance of little choices. I've felt challenged to make every bite of food count! I've been thinking about obvious stumbling points, what I'm going to call

"Diet Deal Breakers" (I'm trying to avoid the word 'diet,' but have to cave in for this great alliteration!)




  1. Peanut Butter. While supposedly nutritious and a great, easy source of protein, Peanut Butter is my number one craving. I love dipping a spoon in it at ANY moment of the day! And with 100 cal in a tablespoon, that quickly adds up! Plus, my aunt who is a personal trainer told me she heard at a nutrition conference that peanut butter has the WORST kind of carcinogen in it! That continues to grow even when it's in the jar, on the shelf!



  2. Diet Coke. I just have a hard time believing in anything that's advertised with zero calories. There's no way something this satisfying (and addicting) can be good for you! And then that plays into the issue of splenda in all my yummy, low calorie drinks, like sugar free hot chocolate, skinny vanilla lattes from Starbucks, and sugar free energy drinks!


What about anyone else? What are your pitfalls and where are your slippery slopes when it comes to eating?

4 comments:

  1. I like the low carb monster energy drinks and diet soda... I also agree that they cant be all that good for you given all the chemicals and man made garbage that goes in them. Luckily I don't drink them all that often, maybe a couple a week. I also really like sauces like soy sauce, yoshidas sauce, bbq sauce etc... They all have tons of HFCS which is the devil from what I read. I love carbs too.... ;) man I am screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lexie! Great blog. I have to agree with the peanut butter and Diet Coke pitfalls. I'm drinking a DC right now.

    Another one that catches me is the sweet cereals. Can't even have them in the house. I thought that I could handle the Kashi Go Lean Crunch a few weeks ago. Nope, I can't. I had to throw out the whole box, otherwise I would likely have devoured the whole box in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an addiction to peanut butter too and struggle with whether or not it's worth the calories. I found by letting myself eat a peanut butter sandwich once a week, I don't go dipping into the jar as much.

    As for the carcinogen...um...never heard that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I have a huge addiction to diet soda of any kind. Sometimes I feel like I'm cheating, but like you said, it is essentially nothing. And I've never heard or read anything about the peanut butter carcinogen... luckily I don't have your peanut butter problem. But anyways, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete