Thursday, January 22, 2009

Daily Food Entry

I don't think I've binged the way I did yesterday since middle school. It's just the word "diet" that makes me go a little crazy. So I'm moving on, away from that.

7:30 am -- venti ice water & grande green tea w/splenda (I switched it up from my regular skinny vanilla latte, because even though I still used sugar substitute, I'm trying to back away from too much)
9 am -- nature valley bar (180 cal)
11 am -- 1/2 diet coke
12 pm -- 1 SoyJoy bar (140 cal)
2:45 pm -- tuna fish w/relish (160 cal), pita chips (140 cal), an apple (75) AND a banana (100), and then I saw a leftover peanut butter sandwich so I had that, too... :/ (250 cal), and 1/2 diet coke
7:30 pm -- protein shake (180 cal), 5-6 pita chips (40 cal), a sip or orange juice (20 cal), a carrot (30 cal), a bite of chicken sausage (40 cal)

The hardest thing about keeping a food journal is writing down all those little nibbles I take on things just laying out. I'd save so many calories if I just stuck to my meal!

Total: 1355
Whoa, that's a lot less than I thought... I'm paranoid about forgetting things... I guess this means I'll have to write it down during the day to make SURE I know I'm tallying everything correctly.

Excercise: 1 hour spinning class.
It's probably the last thing I'll do this weekend since I'm going away on a jr. high retreat with my church as a leader and a) it will be FREEZING for running outside, b) I definitely have a cold, and c) I'll definitely have no energy or free time away from keeping track of middle school girls.

The problem with camp is I can't monitor what I eat, but I'll just make it a goal to stay away from cookies and dessert and just eat food to fill me up. With lots of water!

1 comment:

  1. And I forgot to say that I weighed myself at the gym: 147, just like I thought. At least I know where I'm starting from!

    ReplyDelete