Monday, August 3, 2009

6 Months Down the Road... Time to try this again!

I honestly have no idea WHERE or HOW to even begin, so I'm just going to dive in to the nitty gritty.


1. I've started to hate working out, and that needs to change! It always feels like a chore and it's starting to impact my entire life. Instead of feeling good about myself, I feel lazy and incapable of change. I feel powerless and like a failure. I know that when I get into the swing of things with workouts, that always changes. I hope that starting up the blog will be a good reminder and encouragement to increase my work outs and better my moods!
2. Eating has started involving two things too much: too much food, and too many emotions! I find myself literally PIGGING OUT all the time, when I know I'm not hungry! Why!? I eat to the point that I make myself feel sick. One night last week I woke up in the middle of the night because my stomach hurt so bad, and couldn't fall back asleep. I ended up going on a walk around the neighborhood at 3 am (at least that was productive!) This is definitely a sign that I need to get things under control.


I went to an over eaters anonymous meeting with my cousin Rosie, and that was SUCH a disappointment. The leader of the group was an elderly man who was overweight and unable to focus on the actual material. I felt a little bad for him because it seems like he just needed someone to talk to, but what he was saying was just off topic and inappropriate for the situation. He kept reading off poems and talking about his Dad and his ex wife and all this stuff. I know it's a place where you're supposed to be open about things in your life that might cause you to overreat, but he never mentioned anything about food until a woman snapped at him and said "I really needed a meeting tonight, and am going to leave to try and find one." After that, he attempted to get on topic, but it was just so awkward with the obvious tensions in the room. Plus the fact that there were only 5 people in a big space. I had never been to a meeting before and my cousin and I burst out laughing on our way out because it had been SO uncomfortable for the two of us.


That being said, I might try and find another one some other time, because I want to believe that we just had a really bad and rare experience!


Soon I want to develop a list of goals (smaller steps than just "losing weight") so hopefully that will gurantee a consecutive post!


One obvious goal to accomplish before next time: Step on the Scale (dun dunn duunnn)

1 comment: