Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Just the beginning

I've never understood blogs.

I think they're great, don't get me wrong, but I just never understand how people can vent out their feelings so freely, and some people even get paid to do it.

Are people actually that interesting?

Well, after spending the last week pouring over other people's blogs (mostly about weight loss) I've found that yes. They are.

So here I go. I'm starting this blog to talk about my life. Selfish, maybe. But I think everyone deserves to get their feelings out somehow. About my blog name, yes I'm moody. I believe myself to be a little bit mental. But in this day and age, that's to be expected! I'm a little obsessed with weight loss, even though I've never achieved it. I'm a dreamer, but struggle with making goals because I've grown up with watching my parents goals never be conquered (details which will probably escape on another day...)

However. I'm also willing to change.
So through this blog I'm going to set out to accomplish some things (and I reserve the right to add to this list)
1. I'm going to run the Marine Corps half-marathon in May. Yikes!
2. I want to lose 10 pounds (Current weight: 147. Height: 5'8")
3. I want to start living my life in a relationship with Jesus Christ like I did when I was a young teenager.

Alright. Just writing those down is the first step to accomplishment!
We'll see how I feel later now that this journey has officially begun.

--Lexie

No comments:

Post a Comment